Life without window shopping sounds more like a party without music – shopaholics would agree with me on this. It’s a natural instinct for consumers to hover through the world of a variety of goodies and finally come towards the purchase decision after a few days, sometimes months. If you happen to be doing this all the time, don’t bother at all because there are more than 8 million consumers out there falling under the same category. That’s a clear evidence showing that shopping isn’t always about buying, it’s more like building a culture of exploring innovative thinking in the world of consumer products released every day.
Again, there may be stuffs you’d want to buy maybe a month later or gifts you would want to give your best buddies in the coming months. Naturally, you can’t land up buying them now and then losing them somewhere amongst your overflowing cupboard or worse, land up using the gift yourself instead of storing it for your friend. But not buying it now may arise chaos as with so many options around, you might actually lose track of the gift you actually wanted. Keeping such situations in mind, we had thought of building our Wishlist feature last March which not only helps you save all your favorite gadgets under one roof but also provides direct “Buy-Now” links you can use whenever you wish to purchase them in the future.
But the latest twist comes in the new version we’ve recently launched called the Wishlist 2.0 which provides you with the opportunity of publicizing your profile and sharing it with friends and family. From intelligent headphones to trendy coffee mugs, you could showcase all your favorite gizmos from The Gadget Flow in a stylish profile which also serves as your Public Wishlist. Let’s have a look as to how the process goes in building one.
Steps To Follow While Using The Wishlist
1. Your first target should be locating the Wishlist feature on the site which is situated in the top left corner. Click onto it and you’ll be landing up on a Sign-In Page you need to log into.
2. You could either register through your email or use your Twitter/Facebook profiles for signing into this gadget seeking adventure.
3. Once signed in, you’ll be prompted to your profile updation page where you need to fill in your personal details (bios and social links etc.) so that your wishlist has that stunning social appearance.
NOTE: Don’t forget to upload your profile pic for the world to see the marvelous shopper behind your wishlist.
4. Now with the profile updated, your wishlist will have a unique link depending on your username. For example, if my username is “xena” the link would be http://thegadgetflow.com/user/xena/
5. This link will actually show all your wishlisted gadgets under your profile adding a sense of personal touch to your everyday gadgety experience.
6. You’ll find three tabs on the profile bio itself – The Public or Private toggle bar, Edit Profile and Share Profile.
7. With the Public or Private Toggle Bar you could easily choose to make your profile public or keep it private with just a toggle. Our advice would ofcourse be in keeping it public so that you’re able to share it amongst your friends and family.
8. The “Edit Profile” tab will take you to the Profile Updation page like in the beginning in case you’re willing to change any data mentioned or probably for uploading a new profile picture.
9. As the name suggests, the “Share this Profile” tab will help you in sharing it directly on Twitter, Facebook or simply via email. Always make sure you’re profile is made “Public” before you share it, else it will all go in waste!
10. The Wishlist also showcases your Twitter and Facebook profile links, thus make sure you update them correctly on the Profile page.
11. Lastly, if at times, you come up with gadgets you no longer want to have on your wishlist, you could always delete them. All you need to do is hover on the gadget and click on the “Remove from Wishlist” red cross that appears. All unwanted gadgets would vanish at a go.
With that done, you’re all set to explore the gadget world as much as you can with us each day. But always remember to save your favorite ones on your newly created wishlist. Make it cool and speak of your taste in gadgets and see the wonders it creates amongst your friends and followers. After all, it’s a new world of social commerce today! Happy Gadgeting!