4 Starbucks drinks you can now make at home
Delicious coffee is a crowd favorite when it comes to morning beverages. Offering a nice jolt of energy, it’s easy to want to drop by your favorite coffee shop. Check out these recipes to make the drinks right at home.
- How many Starbucks locations are there? This global cafe has over 13,000 locations in the US and nearly 28,000 total worldwide.
- What’s the most expensive Starbucks drink? Technically, you can make any drink more expensive by adding extras. In 2014, one guy actually ordered a 101-espresso shot latte for a grand total of $83.75!
- Does Starbucks have a secret menu? Yep! You can read all about the specialty drinks here.
If we had it our way, we’d start every day with a delicious Starbucks beverage. They’re equal parts tasty and energizing, and the perfect way to get some pep in your step. But, unless you have Starbucks as a neighbor, there is some inconvenience in having their coffee every day. Not to mention, the average drink could really cost you with daily purchases.
Instead, why not make those delicious Starbucks drinks at home? With these gadgets and tips, you can become your own (talented) barista!
The tried and true. This simple beverage is tasty and effective in giving you that extra bounce in your step. Lucky for you, it’s also a cinch to make.
All you have to do is combine two ounces of espresso, half and half, milk, and sugar to your liking. Once well mixed, serve it over ice. Here are some devices to help you make tasty espresso for the perfect Double Shot every time:
- Linea Mini Espresso Machine If you’re looking for top quality and price isn’t an issue, this is the espresso machine made for you. Despite having the “mini” in the name, it delivers flavors that are anything but.
- Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine Slightly more wallet-friendly, this espresso machine works a treat. It has two filters so you can experiment with flavors and blends as you wish.
- NowPresso Portable Espresso Machine Enjoy your hot Double Shot on the go with this portable system. It’s compatible with Nespresso Capsules to make it totally foolproof.
Cold brew coffee is so popular thanks to its smoothness and refreshing temperature. Because it’s a brew style rather than a drink itself, there are countless ways to spice things up.
No matter how you take it, you need a great cold brew coffee maker. Here are some of the ones we love most:
- DRIPO Portable Iced Coffee Maker Perfect if you need your coffee fresh and fast. This cold brew maker delivers delicious coffee in just two hours.
- Willow & Everett Cold Brew Mason Jar Tap Can’t get enough? This mason jar brewer lets you keep 20 servings of tasty cold brew coffee right in your refrigerator. Plus, it’ll keep it fresh for two weeks.
- Asobu Coldbrew Insulated Portable Brewer If you’re looking to take this refreshing drink on the go, look no further. This portable brewer lets you take your cold brew anywhere and everywhere.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
It’s the time of year Starbucks addicts just can’t wait for. Pumpkin has a magical way of giving you an instant autumn state of mind. There are a few ways to make your own PSL at home.
The tastiest version we could find comes from Bigger Bolder Baking:
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup milk
How to make it:
- Add all of the ingredients in a saucepan
- Stir and bring the ingredients to a simmer
- Pour delicious blend into your favorite mug
- Decorate with freshly whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
Are you even a Starbucks fan if you haven’t tried the Frappuccino?!
This copycat mocha version comes from Eugenie Kitchen and it’s a total breeze:
Of course, there are so many more drinks to enjoy and you can also get creative. In fact, Starbucks has an entire recipe page for you to explore and experiment. Do you make any Starbucks drinks at home? Let us know in the comments!
The Gadget Flow Daily Digest highlights and explores the latest in tech trends to keep you informed. Want it straight to your inbox? Subscribe ➜