How to Make the Most of the Last 48 Hours of Your Crowdfunding Campaign?
Coming close to your success and not getting the opportunity to taste it is terrible. None of us wish to face that kind of adversity in our lives. But to get that success, you need to be perfect with your last-minute strategies. No one crosses the finish line in a race with a casual stroll. Only if you have an extreme determination and the power to work tactfully will you able to make your mark in your desired field. As for the crowdfunding campaigners, I think the rule is the same for you too. The last 48 hours are just as much important as the first. Even if you have crossed your goal, you still need to make use of the final hours to the fullest. Doing so is not easy. Here are some fresh ideas that might just help you get that extra boost while heading that way.
1. Make sure that your immediate community knows about your campaign coming to an end. Announce the approach of the final hours on your social profiles, crowdfunding forums, and newsletter campaigns to let your community be aware of the last date. So, even if they are referring your project to someone, they would be able to tell them about the last time of backing up for it too.
2. Add your latest updates on the campaign page to kick off a conversation among your backers that might just result in grabbing a few more during those final hours.
3. Go through the Pledges on your crowdfunding project and try re-introducing the one which was most popular. It will increase your chances to get more backers towards the end of your campaign.
4. You might have already planned some stretch goals for your project. Try throwing a couple more to generate curiosity and excitement among your backers.
5. Any crowdfunding campaigner will be super excited in those final hours. Why not show the world how excited you are with some live streams or quick videos? Share them on your social feed or Periscope and try interacting with your backers as much as possible.
6. Most campaigns deliver a timeline for their project. Don’t forget to discuss it with your backers once more during this time of the campaign.
7. Referral contests during the final hours can do good for your campaign. As stated on an Indiegogo blog post, “you could post an update saying that the funder who either brings in the most contributions by referring other people to your campaign page will win an exclusive perk or other cool prize. The better the incentive, the more success you’ll likely experience.”
8. If you have an Instagram feed for your campaign (in fact, you should! and here’s why), then it would be wise to use that platform for a quick 24-36 hour giveaway. Just direct your profile URL to your campaign page and ask people to share your project on the web too.
9. You can personally ask your backers to re-share the project with their near and dear ones for a better word-of-mouth marketing outreach. It might be a bit strenuous for you, but it will work for your campaign. Hard work matters!
10. Finally, I think it’s wise to do away with your sleep for a while during these hours and concentrate on your campaign full time. Respond to queries with a minimum time lag, throw frequent posts on your social feeds and try to generate as much interaction as possible for your project. Always work like you have only these hours in your hand.
Last minute activities for a crowdfunding campaign is extremely crucial. Have you tried anything else for your project that did work during those final hours?