The best portable bikes you can get in 2021
Looking for a portable eBike in 2021? Today's digest highlights some of the best folding and compact models out there right now.
If you’re in the market for a new eBike, you’re probably looking for a portable one. And who could blame you? Electric bikes in 2021 are more portable than ever. From quick-release folding designs to folded ones that are more compact, the best portable bikes in 2021 travel with you on subways, fit under your desk at work, and stow inside your car trunk.
Related: Must-have laptop bags for carrying your EDC gadgets
Fancy a folding eBike that’s so light, you can lift it into a train? Well, there’s one on this list. Or what about a compact folding eBike with specs that are anything but miniscle? That’s here too. No matter what type of compact eBike you’re looking for, we’re sure you’ll find some great ones below.
1. The Hummingbird Electric Gen 2.0 weighs only 22.7 pounds. Plus, the easy-to-use folding mechanism works in seconds.
You won’t have to struggle with folding the Hummingbird Electric Gen 2.0. This folding electric bike takes just 5 seconds to fold. And, since this bike weighs so little, it can achieve a top assisted speed of 25 km/h.
Get it for about $4,424 on the official website.
2. The Svitch Bike gives you 80 miles of range and has a fast-charging capability. And, with thicker tires, it’s ready for all terrains.
Another of the best portable bikes in 2021 is the Svitch Bike. Its quick-charging capability is impressive; after a 2.5-hour charge, it’s ready to ride again. Then, its folding feature makes it easy to store and carry.
Get it for $650 on Indiegogo.
3. The Gocycle G4 foldable eBike series comes in 3 models. And, with a USB charging port, it ensures your device never runs out of batteries.
Get a connected folding eBike with the Gocycle G4 foldable eBike Series. They boast a USB charging port as well as Bluetooth connectivity to complement new G4 accessories. Even better, these bikes fold in just 10 seconds and have a maximum weight of 16.6 kilograms.
Get it for $3,999.
4. The KwikFold X-ite 3A makes eBike commuting easier. It folds into a compact size that’s easy to store and carry onto buses and trains.
The KwikFold X-ite 3A made our list of one of the best portable bikes in 2021 because it’s lightweight and folds down into an easy-to-carry size. What’s more, its battery runs for about 20 miles, and it comes with a kickstand, a light, and mudguards.
Get it for about $1,382.
5. The Montague M-E1 is great for city rides as well as trekking. For easy storage, it folds in just seconds with a single quick release.
Go for the Montague M-E1 for a folding eBike that you can store in your closet, your car trunk, or the subway. What’s more, you can still roll it once you fold it. And, with its Shimano Steps E6100 mid-drive motor, it’s great for multiple terrains.
Get it for $3,699 on the official website.
6. The Lectric eBikes XP 2.0 folds for easy storage. Also, it has a 45+ mile range and a 500-watt brushless geared rear hub.
The Lectric eBikes XP 2.0 is a great option on our list of the best portable bikes in 2021. It boasts over a 45-mile range and has mounting points for accessories like racks and baskets. Meanwhile, the electrical components are IP65 rated.
Get it for $999 on the official website.
7. The Rad Power Bikes RadMini 4 folds quickly but is anything but mini. It boasts power and up to a 45+ mile range.
The Rad Power Bikes RadMini 4 is a space saver, true, but, with a 750W geared hub motor and up to 45+ miles per charge, it also packs a punch. Furthermore, the puncture-resistant tires keep you safe while you ride.
Get it for $1,299 on the official website.
8. The Aventon SINCH lives up to it’s name. This eBike is foldable, storable, and easy to carry. It’s a breeze to take with you to work.
The Aventon SINCH is an eBike that actually fits under your desk, making it pretty compact. You can also pack it in your RV or even your car. And, with 4-inch-thick tires, it’s great for pavement as well as trails, making it one of the best portable bikes in 2021.
Get it for $1,699 on the official website.
9. The e-JOE EPIK Carbon gives you impressive performance, a folding design, and a powerful rear hub motor.
For a high-performance folding eBike, check out the e-JOE EPIK Carbon. This bike gives you a powerful motor, magnesium wheels, and easy assembly. And, with a range of up to 40 miles, it’s great for your commute.
Get it for $1,699 on the official website.
10. The Brompton Electric Folding Bike has a beautiful design and unfolds effortlessly. It also has intelligent pedal assist.
Great for cyclists of all sorts, the Brompton Electric Folding Bike is another of the best portable bikes you can buy in 2021. It powers you right up to 15 mph. Best of all, it folds into a space-saving 585 mm high by 565 mm long.
Get it for $3,800 on the official website.
Your eBike experience becomes so much more convenient when you go for a folding model. Not only are they easier to store, but they’re also great for taking on cross-country adventures or even just on the subway on a rainy day.
Want more tech news, reviews, and guides from Gadget Flow? Follow us on Apple News, Google News, Feedly, and Flipboard. If you use Flipboard, you should definitely check out our Curated Stories. We publish three new Stories every day, so make sure to follow us to stay updated!
The Gadget Flow Daily Digest highlights and explores the latest in tech trends to keep you informed. Want it straight to your inbox? Subscribe ➜