Samsung Unpacked 2018 – Everything you need to know
Today’s the day - Samsung Unpacked 2018 is here and there is so much to take in. From the new Galaxy Note 9 to a smart speaker, Samsung pulled out all the stops. Read on to find out all the details.
- What is Samsung Unpacked? Just like Apple and many other big brands, Samsung holds this event each year to release their latest products. ICYMI, watch the entire video here.
- Which product did Samsung announce last week? The Galaxy Tab S4. This tablet has an impressive 10.5-inch AMOLED display and complete with Google Assistant.
- When is the next Samsung event? The next event is the Samsung Developer Conference on Nov 07-08, 2018 where the Galaxy Home speaker is hopefully going to get more updates.
Samsung was live with their much-awaited annual conference today and we got to see some really cool products once again. Starting with the impressive Galaxy Note 9 (which now offers up to 1TB of expandable storage), the company did not stop there. The Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Home speaker took off with their innovative designs and functionality.
Take a look at everything announced during the event here:
- Continuing the big screen history, the Note 9 has a 6.4-inch display
- The small bezel offers an end-to-end display and gives you the best-in-class YouTube viewing experience
- Fingerprint sensor is just below the camera on the back for easy access
- Four colors to choose from: Ocean Blue, Lavender Purple, Metallic Copper and Midnight Black
- An all-day battery life
- Choice of 128GB and 512GB storage
- 512GB model has expandable storage for up to 1TB
- Cutting-edge 10nm processor – stream smoother and download faster
- Fortnite is now on Android starting with Samsung Galaxy devices
- AKG-tuned stereo speakers for an even better gaming experience
- Water carbon cooling system to keep the phone running quickly and smoothly
- Dual-pixel image sensor makes super slo-mo shots even more epic
- Whenever the camera detects a flaw, it will notify you so you can take a better shot
- Scene recognition will identify objects and optimize color tones accordingly
- Compatible with DeX
- Available for order from August 24, 2018
- It supports Bluetooth Low Energy to make it the ultimate remote control
- Use it to play and pause YouTube videos or as a shutter button for your camera and more
- It works as a controller for your phone
- Natural writing tool you can use to be more productive and creative on the Note 9
- Digital community for S-Pen artists called PenUp
- Just 30 seconds of charging gives it 30 minutes of use
The new Samsung Galaxy SPen with remote control
- A PC-like experience for your Note 9
- It only requires a single USB-HDMI adapter
- Even when your Note 9 is in DeX mode, you can still use your phone
- Multitasking is easier with DeX
- It works on the Note 9 as well as the Tab S4
- Two different sizes
- Any number of straps
- Over 60,000 watch faces
- High-res AMOLED display with an integrated touch function
- Corning Gorilla glass
- Water-resistant and swim-ready
- LTE connectivity to help you stay connected without your smartphone
- Use it for several days on a single charge
- Charge it with the Wireless Charger Duo
- Stress management, heart rate monitoring, and fitness tracking with 39 different exercises
- Keeps track of your sleep patterns
- The watch syncs with your calendar
- Powered by the Bixby AI intelligence system
- Smart speaker with natural sound processing
- Far-field voice recognition with 8 different microphones
- SoundSteer delivers powerful audio in your direction
Partnership with Spotify
- Cross-platform listening experience so users can switch seamlessly between devices
- Personalize music for Samsung users around the world
- Music will follow you with your Samsung devices wherever you go
- Samsung users will be able to link the Spotify integration through the SmartThings app
Which announcement from Unpacked 2018 are you most excited for? Share with us in the comments below.
The Gadget Flow Daily Digest highlights and explores the latest in
tech trends to keep you informed. Want it straight to your inbox?
You Might Also Like
Using the power of artificial intelligence, Envision Glasses have arrived to assist those who have visual impairments as they navigate their daily routines. Today we’re digging into what they are and how they help those who need them. Let’s get..
We’re back with one of our favorite weekly lists of—drumroll please—top board games! That’s right, if you’re looking for a new round of tabletop gameplay, this one is for you. So what’s good to play with friends and family this..
Get your digital notes and reminders under control with the Keer digital sticky notes. Just place these physical QR stickers around your home or office for quick links to all the information you need. Your home and office are full..
Whether you run a vegan bakery or a company that builds AI software, you’re looking for products that can help you and your team serve your clients’ needs better. Well, we did the hard work for you and rounded up..
Father’s Day is just around the corner, and we know the drill. It can be a little tough to find an affordable gift for Dad he can actually use. Not only that, but if your father is the type to..
You can never be too sure what technologies companies will develop each year, but this year they look both strange and wondrous. From a nibbling cat robot to autonomous delivery trucks, the most bizarre and futuristic tech gadgets in 2022..
What is Gadget Flow?
Gadget Flow is the original product discovery platform that keeps you up to date with the latest tech
, gear, and most incredible crowdfunding campaigns. Reaching over 31 million people per month, we also have iOS and Android apps that support AR and VR for next-level product exploration.
Why Use Gadget Flow?
We keep you updated with the latest tech product announcements for everything from the newest drones
to obscure gaming gadgets
. Our team discovers unique products and covers the latest crowdfunding campaigns. Save gadgets to your private or public wish lists, check out our team’s expert reviews, and purchase products directly from trusted sellers.
Gadget Flow is headquartered in New York City, and most of our team works remotely from the US and Europe. We are tech enthusiasts who love to learn about new technologies and the latest innovations. Talented individuals who are passionate about the future, we work tirelessly and love to excite you and teach you about advancements in our field.
Join Gadget Flow Today
Explore the world of Gadget Flow so you know when any new tech launches—anywhere. Create your account using your email or any of our supported third-party logins, such as Google, Apple, and Facebook.
Create Wish Lists
Sign up to create private and public wish lists that you can share with family and friends. It’s also easy to organize your favorite gadgets into different collections, like gift guides, smart home products you love, and more.
Get Product Notifications
What do you do when you find a product that you love but aren’t ready to buy? Simply create a notification! Click the three little dots by the buy now button and select Add Reminder to get notified. Receive a reminder when it’s discounted, Black Friday, the next season, or any date you choose.
Discover with Watch
Now you can discover new products through our video feed. With Gadget Flow Watch, browse through your favorite categories and create playlists. Our endless selection of videos will have you discovering gadgets for hours.
See all of our features:
Create public or private collections
Create your custom product feed
Discover our products in VR, AR, and 3D
New Discounts and deals, daily
Find new products through video
Follow your favorite brands
Product reminders or sale reminders
Browse using your local currency
Stay updated with the latest tech news
Our Mission: Help You Find the Best Gadgets
We simplify product discovery. This means you can find all the greatest gadgets in record time. As a technology company, our mission since 2012 has been to make it easy for you to discover quality products and stay updated with the latest trends.
What Is a Gadget?
It’s the gear you can’t live without: the smartphone you constantly check, the camera that goes on every vacation, and the TV for binge-watching and gaming. All the coolest gadgets
owe their existence to a new technology that changed it all.
What Are the Types of Gadgets?
Gadgets include everything from phones like iPhone and VR headsets
like Oculus to gaming consoles
like PlayStation 5 and robots like Roomba.
What Gadgets Are Trending Today?
What Are the Top New Tech Trends?
Technology evolves every day, and some of the most popular tech trends include AI
, robotic process automation, edge computing, quantum computing, virtual reality, blockchain, IoT, 5G, augmented reality, self-driving, big data, machine learning, and voice search.