Everything Apple Announced on the “Hey Siri” Event Under One Roof
Everything inside the Bill Graham Center yesterday was Apple. From the decoration to the seating, it was Apple’s own theater for one day. And if you look at the kind of products that were introduced thereafter, it had to be that special. Like every year, we got to see a whole bunch of new upgrades on the Apple products you’ve been using every day. From the iPad to the iPhone, there is a lot to discuss from the “Hey Siri” event of this year. Without wasting more time, let’s begin with a roundup on everything awesome released from Apple’s event y’day.
NOTE: Just to make it easy for you to read everything at a glance, I have tried to put up bullet points for every product.
1. 3D Touch – A new way to interact with your iPhone which senses how much pressure you apply to the display. Depending on that, you’ll be able to add a new dimension of functionality to your iPhone. In short, you’ll get to feel what a single press on your iPhone can do.
2. Peek and Pop – Enjoy your apps even without actually opening them. So for example, with a light press you can Peek at each email in your inbox. Then when you want to open one, press a little deeper to Pop into it.
3. 12-Megapixel iSight camera and brilliant 4K video will take your iPhoneography experience to a new level altogether.
4. Selfie lovers can now be more happy with the new 5-megapixel FaceTime HD camera.
5. Live Photos – Another interesting feature captures the moments just before and after your picture and sets it in motion with just the press of a finger.
6. Custom-designed 64-bit A9 chip – Provides 70 percent faster CPU performance, and up to 90 percent faster GPU performance.
7. Design – Enclosure is made from a new alloy of 7000 Series aluminum while the cover glass is the strongest, most durable glass used in any smartphone.
8. Available From Sep 25, 2015.
1. Nearly double the CPU performance of iPad Air 2 and comes with a display screen size of 12.9 inch.
2. iPad Pro features the highest‑resolution Retina display of any iOS device with 5.6 million pixels.
3. Multi-Touch subsystem will help increase your productivity on the iPad by letting you work on two apps simultaneously.
4. A9X chip delivers up to 1.8 times the CPU performance and double the graphics performance of iPad Air 2.
5. It comes with apps such as Garageband, iMovie and UMake that will make you do your everyday tasks effortlessly.
6. Even with the huge display, the iPad Pro is still just 6.9 mm thin and weighs 1.57 pounds.
7. Power packed sound system with four new high‑fidelity speakers built directly into its unibody.
8. But what can take the experience to an even better level are the Smart Keyboard and the Apple Pencil.
9. Smart Keyboard – Use it as a cover or a keyboard as and when required with your iPad Pro. A slim, lightweight design for everyday use.
10. Apple Pencil – The lightning fast response makes it one of its kind and the first stylus launched by Apple. With 12 hours of battery life, this is the perfect tool that can take your iPad sketching skills to new heights.
11. Available November, 2015.
1. Designed to help you make the most out of your iPad.
2. Comes with new features that will help you multi-task easily on your new iPad Pro.
3. Slide Over – Open a new app without leaving the one you are in.
4. Split View – Have two apps open side by side at one time.
5. Picture in Picture – Perfect for watching your videos even when you’re replying an email.
6. Elegant shortcut bar to make you do things quick and fast on your iPad Pro.
1. Apple wants to re-imagine your TV experience by bringing apps into the limelight. The App Store is coming to the Apple TV.
2. Uses new operating system called tvOS which will give you new ways to connect to the screen.
3. The idea is to make your TV a personal experience like your iPhone or iPad.
4. Siri Remote – Can handle all your queries on entertainment. With the Touch Surface, you can scroll or select or navigate your TV screen in an effortless way. Like you do on your iPhone or iPad.
1. New watch faces and time-lapse videos shot over the last 24 hours can now adorn your Apple Watch screen.
2. Insteon – One step ahead to make your Apple Watch more personal and display information you require at a time.
3. Time Travel – Your personal time machine for the Apple Watch which lets you glance at everything that has happened before or is coming up in the future. How was the weather last Tuesday? Check. Do I need an umbrella tomorrow? Check.
4. Special Nightstand mode to save energy and make your watch work like a cool bedside clock when you leave it for charging overnight.
5. Apple Watch Hermès – A beautiful combination of leather straps handmade by Hermès artisans in France and an Hermès watch face reinterpreted by Apple designers in California. You can choose among three designs – Double Tour, Single Tour and Cuff.
6. Available from October 2015.
With that we come to an end to the Apple announcements from y’day’s event. Let’s hope the next has more amazing stuff in store. Happy Gadgeting!