iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Watch Series 5 and everything else from the Apple Special Event 2019
September means one thing for Apple fans: a new iPhone. Wading through the countless rumors in the past few weeks still didn’t spoil the impressive specs of the new iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, and the Apple Watch Series 5.
- Where is the Apple Special Event being held? The event is being held at the Steve Jobs Theater, Cupertino, California.
- Which products were announced at the Apple Special Event 2019? The new products included the 7th-Gen iPad, Apple Watch Series 5, iPhone 11, and iPhone 11 Pro.
- Where can I find all the accessories for the new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro? Stay tuned as we update our iPhone accessories in the coming days.
It’s that time of year again – today was the Apple Special Event. We’ve all been anticipating the new iPhone and the tech giant didn’t disappoint. With so many rumors and leaks, we had a good idea of what to expect. Even still, Apple came out with plenty of surprises and delights for all of us tuning in.
– Anodized aluminum and glass design makes this iPhone super tough and beautiful
– It comes in six colors including purple, green, white, black, yellow, and Product (RED)
– With support for Dolby Atmos for an incredible sound experience
– The dual-camera system with a 12MP wide-camera and a 12MP ultra-wide camera
– Night Mode of the new iPhone turns on automatically in low light conditions
– QuickTake makes taking quick videos super easy and fast by tapping the shutter for more than 3 seconds, rather than swiping
– The front 12MP TrueDepth camera has a wider sensor to make groupfies look even better
– The iPhone 11 also comes with a new feature called Slofies – Slow-Mo Selfies – with slow-motion video capabilities on the front-facing camera
– The phone will include an A13 Bionic chip which is considered the fastest CPU and GPU ever in a smartphone
– Battery life will be one hour more than iPhone Xr
– The iPhone 11 starts at just $699
– Pre-orders begin this Friday and shipping will begin September 20, 2019
Read more here.
iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
– It’s made of surgical-grade stainless steel with a machined glass black with PVD coating
– The finishes include Midnight Green, Space Gray, Silver, and Gold
– The display of the iPhone 11 Pro is 5.8″ and the iPhone 11 Pro Max is 6.5″
– The OLED panel has a 2M contrast ratio with two-tone Haptic Touch
– The Super Retina XDR display includes spacial audio sound with HDR 10 and Dolby Vision
– The A13 Bionic has faster Machine Learning accelerators to allow the CPU to make 1 trillion operations per second
– The iPhone 11 Pro battery will give you four hours longer than iPhone Xs and the iPhone 11 Pro Max will give you five hours longer in a day than the iPhone Xs Max
– The camera system includes a 12MP wide camera, 12MP telephoto camera, and a 12MP ultra-wide camera
– The Deep Fusion technology uses machine learning to shoot nine images to make the fused combination of the image the best ever captured
– The iPhone 11 Pro will start at $999 and the iPhone 11 Pro Max will start at $1099
– Pre-orders for both models will start from this Friday and begin shipping September 20, 2019
Read more here.
Apple Watch Series 5
– The new Always-On Retina Display never sleeps; a wrist tap increases brightness
– LTPO (Low-Temperature Polycrystalline Oxide) display will refresh dynamically to make the Apple Watch power-efficient
– The new Apple Watch will still maintain the same 18-hour battery life despite the Always-On feature
– Now you can also see your Workout metrics without raising your wrist or tapping the display
– This watch comes with a built-in compass which you can add to your Watch Face or use the dedicated app
– Every cellular model will have an international emergency calling for 150 countries even without your iPhone
– It comes with the widest assortments of case models made out of 100% recycled aluminum
– New models include Titanium and Ceramic along with the Nike models and Hermes models
– The Hermes models will also come in black with handcrafted leather bands
– Series 5 GPS models will start at $399
– Series 5 Cellular models will start at $499
– The Watches can be ordered online starting today and in stores later this month
– Series 3 will now be available from $199
Read more here.
– iPadOS will make the distinctive experience of iPad even better, keeping the large display in mind with smarter multitasking features
– The new 7th-Generation iPad comes with a 10.2-inch Retina display with 3.5 million pixels, greater brightness, and a wide viewing angle
– Smart Connector allows you to attach a keyboard for a seamless experience
– One key feature of iPadOS is the floating keyboard on the screen for a better one-handed typing experience
– The enclosure is made out of 100% recycled aluminum
– This new iPad starts at just $329 and for students, it’s only $299
– The new iPad will start shipping at the end of September 2019
Apple Arcade is about to make gaming even more fun and engaging in the App Store. This gaming subscription service will give you access to 100 exclusive new games on your Apple devices (mobile, desktop, and TV). From downloadable games to sneak peeks and trailers, this service will make gaming on your Apple devices more accessible than ever. Some of those exclusive games include Frogger by Konami, Shinsekai by Capcom, Sayonara Wild Hearts gameplay by Annapurna Interactive, and so much more. This service is will be available from September 2019 in 150 countries for $4.99/month for the entire family. The launch also comes with a 1-month free trial.
– For All Mankind, Dickinson, and The Morning Show were the three trailers that were viewed over 100 million times on Apple TV+
– Starring Jason Momoa, the worldwide premiere trailer for “See” has been launched at the Apple Special Event today for the first time
– With Apple TV+ you’ll get access to originals plus traditional shows and movies
– The first shows will be available on November 1, 2019, with more originals added every month
– At $4.99/month for the entire family, Apple TV+ will be starting in 100 countries
– Starting from today, if you buy an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or an Apple TV, you get one year of Apple TV+ subscription-free
Apple Watch Research Updates
– Apple Watch is now being considered for health research
– Over 400K people participated in the Apple Heart Study
– Three new studies are being introduced – Apple Hearing Study, Apple Women’s Health Study, and the Apple Heart and Movement Study
– Users can enroll in the Apple Research App which will be available in the US later this year
– The Apple Watch Studio will allow you to make your own Apple Watch, pairing it with the bands you like
– The Apple Trade-In will allow to you use low monthly payments for grabbing the new iPhones
– Apple Fifth Avenue re-opens on September 20, 2019, with a dramatic makeover
And that was a wrap. Which of the new Apple releases do you like the most? Share with us in the comments below.
The Gadget Flow Daily Digest highlights and explores the latest in tech trends to keep you informed. Want it straight to your inbox? Subscribe now.