Do You Need an “About Us” Page for Your Crowdfunding Campaign?
One of the major disadvantages of an online crowdfunding campaign is the lack of face-to-face interaction with your backers. The old brick-and-mortar style of selling did make it easy for you to communicate with your customers, shake hands with them, tell them your stories and eventually lure them towards heading for purchase. But how do you do it online? That’s where an “About Us” page becomes necessary.
It should not be a section filled with jargons and superlatives. Instead, it should narrate your story in the best way possible. You don’t need to be concerned about using sophisticated language – Sometimes a simple narration of your story is enough to impress your backer. Be real, and that’s just about it!
Your Crowdfunding Campaign Can Use These Tips
1. Narrate your article in a conversational tone just like you would do with physical interactions. If there’s an impressive catch in your story and how you came about starting your campaign, make sure you highlight the same in your About Us section.
2. Don’t use unnecessary superlatives to show how good your campaign is. It will always be so from your perspective. Simply jot down the best features of your product and let the backers decide whether your campaign is worth it or not.
3. As described by Inc, you should start your description with your backer’s need. Such information like “99.7% on-time shipping with a .0021% error rate for the past five years” means a lot for your customers instead of some superlative sentence saying that your response rate is pretty quick.
[tweet_box] Why is an “About Us” section necessary for your #crowdfunding campaign! [/tweet_box]
5. Always be sure to jot down skills and offers you’ll be able to meet. Don’t disappoint your backers by writing something you will never be able to fulfill.
6. Using photos of your workshop or images showing your team always work. It helps in building that personal touch with your potential backer.
7. Achieved something recently? Or have an upgrade for your campaign? Always keep your “About Us” section up to date.
8. Don’t write an epic. Concise the whole description to a paragraph or two with a bold introduction or a conclusion. Small yet informative write ups always work.
What else would you like to add in the “About Us” section of your crowdfunding campaign? Share with us in the comments below.