Samsung Unpacked 2020: Galaxy Note20, Z Fold2, Watch3, and more
Even after the last-minute video leaks by Evan Blass, we've got to agree that Samsung's been amazing with their tech announcements like every year. The Galaxy Unpacked has kept us wanting more every minute and we did get to see quite some great releases this year. If you missed out on the live stream and can do with a quick recap, this blog highlights all the cool tech that was announced right here.
Like every other major tech event, Samsung Unpacked 2020 was also entirely digital this year. While the spotlight was around the Galaxy Note20, we can’t deny that Samsung been quite innovative with all the other devices, too. Besides the Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra 5G, the show also introduced us to five devices from the Galaxy ecosystem. These include the Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Watch3, Galaxy Buds Live, and the Galaxy Tab S7.
Without further ado, let’s dive into the details of the announcements and everything Samsung has in store for us this year.
Galaxy Note20 and Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
– Note 20 has a 6.7-inch screen and the Note 20 Ultra has a 6.9-inch screen with great visibility both indoors and outdoors.
– Note 20 series comes with the toughest Gorilla Glass for extra durability.
– Both have the fastest processors in the Galaxy series.
– Both have the best battery life in the Galaxy series and can give you around 50% charge in just 30 minutes.
– Feature one camera on the front and three on the back: ultra-wide, wide and telephoto.
– Bold design makes it perfect for work and play.
– Note 20 has a glass-etched design, whereas the Note 20 Ultra has a reinforced polycarbonate finish.
– Note 20 series comes in four amazing colors: mystic bronze, mystic gray, mystic green, and mystic white.
– Note 20 also includes the S Pen with decreased latency, thanks to AI-based point detection.
– Note 20 Ultra comes with an ultra sensor for pro video mode. This will help you connect your phone to the TV and play your media on the big screen whenever you want.
– Both phones are priced at $999 and they are available for preorder, starting tomorrow.
Galaxy Tab S7 and S7+
– Galaxy Tab S7 has been designed for ultimate productivity with an 11-inch model and a 12.7-inch model (S7+).
– Ultra-smooth 120Hz display is available on these tablets.
– Despite the full metal design, the tab is very lightweight.
– Tab S7+ is the thinnest of its size in the market.
– Available in three new colors: mystic bronze, black, and silver.
– Tabs come with the S Pen and a more productive keyboard.
– Multi-active window makes the Tab S7 a productive tool for multi-tasking.
– S Pen feels and writes a real pen with reduced latency.
– Book-cover keyboard is versatile for both work and play. When you aren’t typing, you can simply detach the keyboard and use it as a stand. The touchpad is larger and supports multi-finger gestures. There are also shortcuts to bring a Windows-like PC experience to a tablet.
– Tab S7 now preloaded with three apps: Noteshelf, Canva, and Clip Studio.
The S Pen works even better with the Samsung Notes’ app with features like synchronized notes and voice recording.
– With the Microsoft partnership, the Note 20 and Windows PC experience will be even smarter and seamless—like accessing Notes and Reminders from your PC as well as Note 20 at the same time. There’s also a sync feature that will let you check out your mobile apps from your PC.
– Tab S7 will be priced for $649 and available from August 21, 2020.
Samsung and Xbox collaboration
You will be able to try the Xbox Game Pass on the new Samsung Galaxy Note20, which makes it super easy to play anywhere. This makes cloud-gaming so much easier for the Note 20, thanks to the Samsung and Xbox collaboration. All you have to do is attach your Xbox controller with the Note 20 and launch the Game Pass app.
Galaxy Buds Live
– First Open-Type Buds in the Galaxy Series.
– Fit in lightly and securely and won’t add too much weight to your ear.
– Come in three colors: mystic bronze, mystic black, and mystic white.
– Both the Buds and the case are made out of eco-friendly materials.
– Provides up to six hours of playtime and up to 21 hours of playtime with the charging case.
– Buds Live has a powerful bass boost.
– Active Noise Cancelation will help you tune in without tuning out.
– With three microphones and voice pickup unit, the Buds Live makes it super easy to take calls.
– Pairing up with the Note 20, it can make recording videos a breeze with the Buds Live.
– Available from August 06, 2020, starting from $169.99.
– Inspired by classic timepieces, the Galaxy Watch3 comes with a rotating bezel to navigate your apps and control music.
– Lightweight design is luxurious, coming in two sizes and three colors.
– A super-premium Titanium model.
– Advantage of the open platform makes the watch face come in 80,000+ options.
– Shuffle feature will let you change your watch face based on your preference as well as style.
– Health Monitor will be your 24-hours health manager, including ways to track blood pressure, ECG, and blood oxygen level.
– Health app comes with 120+ Fitness Programs you can use.
The other programs include SmartThings Find that will help you locate devices if you lose track of them. There’s also UWB that will help you share content easily across devices that are UWB-enabled.
– Available from August 06, 2020, starting at $399.
Galaxy Z Fold2
– Comes in two colors: mystic black and mystic bronze.
– Body is just 6mm with the screen gap minimized as compared to the first version.
– New Z Fold2 sports a 6.2-inch full cover display, even when the phone is closed.
– Infinity-O display will give you a 7.6-inch screen for a more immersive experience.
– Flexible display, giving you an uninterrupted viewing experience.
– Hinge design has been strengthened as compared to the first version to make it even more sturdy and perfect for everyday use.
– More details on the Galaxy Z Fold2 will be shared on September 01, 2020 and preorders will begin on that day too.
There you have it, five new devices defining a brighter future for Samsung. All of the devices announced at the Samsung Unpacked 2020 have been designed to build a more connected Galaxy ecosystem for better work and play. And that mystic bronze is totally worth a try. What do you think?
Want more tech news, reviews, and guides from Gadget Flow? Follow us on Google News, Feedly, and Flipboard. If you’re using Flipboard, you should definitely check out our Curated Stories. We publish three new stories every day, so make sure to follow us to stay updated!
Your inbox is missing this newsletter!