Apple Special Event Highlights – iPhone X, iPhone 8, Apple TV 4K and the Apple Watch Series 3
September Keynote has always been special at Apple and this year wasn’t an exception either. In fact, the Apple Special Event gave us that feeling of celebrating ten years of the iPhone with the brand new iPhone X. Additionally, the new Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K are setting milestones with unique features. So, all those of you who did miss the event and can do with a bit of a recap, here are our special highlights on the same.
If edge-to-edge displays have been your thing, the iPhone X is totally made for you. This is the first iPhone that is entirely screen. In fact, if there was an iPhone that responds to your tap, voice and even your glance, this is it. Let’s take a look at the features in store.
1. First up is the Super Retina Display. An all-new 5.8-inch edge-to-edge screen with great details. As a matter of fact, this display stretches beautifully towards the rounded corners for an immersive experience.
2. The first OLED screen from Apple. It also gives you stunning colors and a 1,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio.
3. TrueDepth Camera that takes facial mapping to a whole new level with intelligent sensors. It uses over 30,000 invisible dots to map your face perfectly.
4. Front and back all-glass design clearly to enable wireless charging features.
5. Intuitive gestures make navigation easier than before. A single swipe can also now take you to the home screen from anywhere.
6. Forget TouchID. The iPhone X makes your face your password. A whole new secure way to unlock, authenticate and even pay.
7. The TrueDepth camera also makes portrait mode selfies more beautiful with sharper foregrounds and artistically blurred backgrounds.
8. There’s also the new Portrait Lighting mode for studio-quality lighting effects.
9. Animoji is another cool add-on to this new iPhone. In fact, the TrueDepth camera analyzes over 50 muscle movements to mirror your expressions in 12 emojis.
10. The cameras have a faster 12MP sensor as well as a new telephoto camera with OIS.
11. Both rear cameras have optical image stabilization. This will help you shoot great images and videos even in low light.
12. The A11 neural engine makes this iPhone even more powerful. It’s capable of up to 600 billion operations per second.
13. The new CPU is up to 70% faster than A10 fusion.
14. There is a better machine learning algorithm to help FaceID adapt to physical changes in your appearance over time.
15. Battery efficiency has increased and can now last up to two hours longer between charges than iPhone 7.
16. The three core GPU is up to 30% faster than A10 fusion.
17. You can experience augmented reality in games and apps via A11 fusion.
18. Pricing: $999
19. Availability: Pre-orders begin from 10:00 AM PDT, October 27, 2017
Apple iPhone 8
For those of you who thought iPhone 7 Plus was better, iPhone 8 makes it even better. This iPhone upgrades your iPhone 7 experience with a faster CPU and more useful features. Let’s take a look.
1. An all-glass design makes this version look different and one of a kind.
2. There’s the color-matched, aerospace-grade aluminum band along with new color finishes in space gray, silver and gold.
3. It’s precision engineered to resist water and dust.
4. The glass back design primarily entertains wireless charging.
5. Enjoy the new 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch Retina HD displays. The new display gives you True Tone, a wide color gamut, and 3D touch.
6. True Tone technology balances to match the light around you. This gives you a better viewing experience in all environments.
7. In addition, there are dual-domain pixels for better viewing from any angle.
8. The new 12MP camera is more advanced with optical image stabilization.
9. Portrait Mode is sharper than before.
10. The new facial landmarking creates dramatic studio lighting effects.
11. This version is also powered by the new A11 fusion chip.
12. Pricing: $699 for iPhone 8 and $799 for iPhone 8 Plus.
13. Availability: Pre-orders starting at 12:01 a.m. PDT on September 15, 2017.
Apple TV 4K
Think Apple TV is the best you can have? The Apple TV 4K will make you rethink with a sharper image quality and true cinema-like experience from the center of your living room.
1. It also lets you watch movies and shows in 4K HDR quality.
2. The TV will also offer great shows from apps like Netflix, Hulu, and ESPN. This includes live sports and news in the near future.
3. 4K uses four times more pixels than standard HD. This pairs up with HDR (High Dynamic Range) for even brighter and realistic colors.
4. In fact, Apple TV already has a fascinating selection of 4K HDR titles.
5. You can use the app to bring content from over 60 video services in one place. These include movies, shows, and handpicked recommendations.
6. The Siri remote also makes it even easier to access content with your voice. All you need to do is just ask Siri for a movie, show, genre, actor, or song you love.
7. There’s the A10X fusion chip for the rich and interactive experience.
8. Don’t forget to experience the social gaming adventure from Sky (by thatgamecompany).
9. Pricing: $179 for 32GB and $199 for 64GB.
10. Availability: Orders starting at 12:01 a.m. PDT on 9.15.
Apple Watch Series 3
Finally, the first Apple Watch that works without a phone is here. Now you have the freedom to go anywhere with just your Apple Watch.
1. Introducing the Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular.
2. Now you can also make calls and send texts with just your watch.
3. You can stream 40 million songs right from your wrist.
4. You can access Siri easily from anywhere without your phone.
5. Get calls and messages even while working out.
6. As a matter of fact, the swim-proof design is perfect for the pool or the ocean.
7. From being a perfect activity tracker to a health assistant, this watch is your ideal everyday life.
8. In addition, there are different bands available to match your style and occasion.
9. Pricing: $329 for the GPS and $399 for the GPS + Cellular version.
10. Availability: Orders starting from September 15, 2017.
Which of the new releases have gained your attention the most? Share with us in the comments below.