iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, Apple Watch 4 – specs, prices, release dates, and iOS 12
Apple kicked off their yearly event with the all-new Apple Watch Series 4. Focused on your health and safety, it’s loaded with groundbreaking technology. We also saw three new iPhone devices: the incredible iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max as well as the affordable iPhone Xr.
- Just how popular is the iPhone? The numbers say it all. In the US, 70.8% of all smartphones are iPhones or Samsung. But, the iPhone actually accounts for 43.9% of all smartphones in the US.
- Were the rumors correct for the Apple Event? Have a read through our Apple Keynote rumors blog to find out!
- What are some ways to honor the iconic designs of Apple? Check out the Iconic Pillow Collection by Throwboy! It includes the original iPod, iPhone, and even some computers.
What are the new features on Apple Watch Series 4?
– Take your health life one step further with this new version of your connected health guardian from Apple.
– The Apple Watch Series 4 has a more informative display
– The display is actually 30% larger with curved corners to match the design
– Case sizes available: 40 and 44mm, both with a larger display than the Series 3
– There are up to 8 watch faces including fitness, health, speed dial, and more
– The breathe app watch face will guide you through breathing phases for mindfulness
– Unique watch faces that include fire, water and vapor which react to the shape of the display
– Digital crown now includes haptic feedback so flipping through different items on apps is more precise
– Microphone is opposite to the speakers to reduce echo
– The back is made of black ceramic and sapphire crystal. Radio wave pass from the front and back for better cellular reception
– S4 contains a powerful dual-core 64-bit processor for 2x faster performance
– Next-gen accelerometer and gyroscope can sample motion data 8X faster
– The sensors automatically detect falls and deliver an alert to emergency SOS contacts if you are immobile for longer than 1 minute
– Three new heart features: High, low, and irregular heart rate notifications screen your heart rhythm and alert you for atrial fibrillation
– Built-in ECG is the first offered directly to consumers
– Cleared by the FDA, it takes an ECG directly from your wrist
– Only available for the US customers as of now, it maps your results for sharing with your doctor
– 18-hour battery life
– Outdoor workout battery life: 6 hours
– Available in 3 aluminum finishes: Silver, Gold and Space Gray
– Stainless Steel Collection: Gold and Silver Black
– All existing bands will work on Series 4
– Nike+ versions will have full-screen watch faces with night-time visibility
– Apple Watch Hermes with gorgeous color blocks on the watch face that change with time
– Price: starting at $399 (with GPS), $499 (GPS+ Cellular)
– New price of Series 3: $279
– Series 4 will be available from September 21
– watchOS 5 available from September 16
What’s are the details of the iPhone Xs?
– Made of surgical grade stainless steel with a gorgeous gold finish
– The screen is the most durable glass ever in a smartphone
– Comes in 3 finishes: Gold, Silver and Space Gray
– Water-resistant to 2 meters for up to 30 minutes and tested on a variety of liquids
– OLED with a 5.8″ Super Retina display
– Bigger display in a smaller design
– Dolby Vision HDR 10 will make photos and videos look even more seamless with a 60% greater dynamic range
How big is the iPhone Xs Max?
– It comes with a 6.5″ Super Retina display
– Biggest display ever on an iPhone
What are the new updates on the A12 Bionic chip of iPhone Xs?
– Faster algorithms with a faster secure enclave
– Face ID gets even better with faster response
– A12 Bionic: Industry-first 7 nanometer chip with 6.9 billion transistors to process 5 trillion processes per second
– The 6-core CPU with 2 high-performance cores runs 15% faster and with 40% less power
– The 4-core GPU runs 50% faster than the A11
– The neural engine in A12 is an 8-core design dedicated machine learning system with multi-precision support
– 512GB of internal storage that can store over 200,000 photos on your iPhone
– Apps will launch 30% faster
– Real-time machine learning will make the immersive experience on the Camera app with Memojis and Animojis even better
– Siri Shortcuts help you plan multiple tasks at once with apps and smart devices
– Core ML is 9X faster but uses just 1/10th the energy
– Camera viewfinder will make AR experiences be even more seamless
– AR Quick Look lets you bring objects from the digital world to the real world
– The iPhone Xs offers 30 minutes longer battery life than the iPhone 8 Plus while the iPhone Xs Max gives you 1.5 hours extra
– New iPhone Xs comes with better worldwide roaming and Dual SIM compatibility
– DSDS: Dual SIM Dual Standby with eSIM technology
– Physical dual SIM slots only available for iPhone Xs available in China.
Are the cameras in iPhone Xs any better?
– 12MP wide-angle camera has better optical image stabilization
– Image signal processor connects to the neural engine to make the photos incredible
– It can detect people’s faces as well as official landmarking for better segmentation
– The camera performs 1 trillion operations on every photo you take
– Smart HDR takes crisp pictures with highlight and shadow details to merge them in one perfect photo
– Portrait and portrait-lighting modes are now better than ever
– New bokeh mode feature: you can adjust the depth of field after you’ve taken the photo
How much are the new iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max?
– 3 configurations : 64GB, 256GB and 512 GB
– iPhone Xs starts at $999
– iPhone Xs Max starts at $1099
– Shipping begins September 21, 2019
– All iPhones from iPhone 7 can upgrade to iOS 12 from September 17, 2019
What makes the iPhone Xr special?
– Comes in white, black, blue, coral, yellow and (PRODUCT)RED
– Edge-to-edge screen
– IP67: protected from dust and liquids
– Liquid Retina: LCD display that goes edge-to-edge and measures 6.1 inches
– Great color management and accuracy
– It’s like an iPhone X experience on an LCD display.
– Haptic touch instead of 3D touch
– Featuring the same true-depth camera system as the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max
– Comes with the same A12 Bionic chip with real-time machine learning
– Pseudo camera system with a 12MP wide-angle camera like iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max
– Advanced bokeh depth control and smart HDR
– Front camera has TrueDepth camera technology for incredible selfies
– An hour and a half more battery life than the iPhone 8 Plus
– It comes in 6 finishes and your choice of 54, 128, 256GB
– The iPhone Xr starts at $749
– Orders start from early October 2018 and shipping from October 26, 2018
The Gadget Flow Daily Digest highlights and explores the latest in tech trends to keep you informed. Want it straight to your inbox? Subscribe ➜