Apple’s WWDC 2017 – iMac Pro, HomePod, MacOS High Sierra and More
Every year we get super excited about Apple’s WWDC. We love to see their latest iOS and OS versions and, if we are lucky, some new products as well. This year wasn’t an exception. Apple has released a few updates for its products and we can’t wait to get our hands on them. Here’s what you need to know about this year’s WWDC.
- New Watch Faces
- Personalized Activity Notifications
- Enhanced Workout App (multiple workouts in a single session)
- Sync your iWatch with Gym equipment (starting this fall)
- Enhanced Music App
- watchOS 4 Will be available Fall 2017
Mac OS High Sierra
- Auto-play blocking (for all these annoying auto-play videos on the web).
- Intelligent tracking prevention
- Split View while composing new emails
- 35% Faster
Photos App Improvements
- Filter photos by keywords, location
- Improved Face Recognition
- Enhanced Editing (curves, selective color)
- Synched edited photos from 3rd party apps.
New File System (APFS – Apple File System)
- Advanced architecture
- Instant file and directory cloning
- Fast directory sizing
- Zero copy snapshots
- Parallelized metadata operations
- Frequently used items in inode
- Sparse file writes
- 40% Better compression with H.264 format
- New Version of Metal (Metal 2) offers 10X better draw call throughout
- Mission Control now uses Metal
- Metal is now available for machine learning
- Metal for external graphics
- Metal for VR
- Steam VR dk is now available for the Mac
Developer beta will be available today, public beta will be available late June 2017 and the public launch will be this fall.
- Better iMac displays (up to a billion colors)
- Faster processors (7th-gen Intel Core) / 10-bit HEVC decode
- Higher memory: 27-inch up to 64GB of memory
- Super fast storage (Fusion Drive on all 27-inch/Up to 50% faster SSDs/Up to 2TBs)
- 2x Thunderbolt 3 connectors
- Next Generation Graphics for all models (80% faster graphics for the 21.5 inch/3X faster graphics for 27 inch 4K/Up to 5.5 Teraflops for the 5K 27 inch iMac)
- 4K iMac starts at $1,299
- Faster processors (7th-gen Intel Core) / 10-bit HEVC decode
- Faster SSDs (50% faster)
- Better graphics
- 13-inch Macbook Pro now starts at $1,299
- All of the updated models are available today (June 5th 2017)
iMac Pro Sneak Peak
- Available in Space Gray
- Workstation class performance
- Increased cooling capacity by 80%
- 8-Core Xeon Processor/10-Core Xeon Processor/18-Core Xeon Processor
- The most powerful Mac ever made
- Radeon Vega Graphics (up to 16GB cram)
- Up to 11 Teraflops single precision power
- Up to 22 Teraflops half precision power
- Up to 128 GB ECC memory
- Up to 4TB of 3GB/second SSD
- 4X Thunderbolt ports
- 10Gb Ethernet
- Up to 44 Million pixels
- 1080p FaceTime camera
- VESA mount option
- Available for $4,999 in December 2017.
- iMessage iCloud Sync + redesigned App drawer
- Apple Pay Cash Card for person to person payments
- Siri now supports deep learning
- New visual interface for Siri
- Siri can now help you translate live (English, Chinese, German Italian, Spanish) (beta)
- Improved Camera app – it will use 2x less storage on your device and on the cloud, Depth API.
- Improved Photos app – Uses machine learning to identify things like weddings, soccer games etc.
- Improved Memories by using machine learning
- Redesigned Control Center
- Redesigned lock screen
- Redesigned Notification Center
- New effects for Live Photos
- Apple Pay within iMessage
- Enhanced Maps – now include maps to malls and airports with lane guidance and speed limit.
- New Do not Disturb While Driving mode that syncs with Car Play.
- Improved HomeKit
- New AirPlay 2 Protocol – Supports speakers (AirOlay 2 audio API)
- New Apple Music feature – What your friends are listing to?
- MusicKit for Apple Music
- New Today tab
- New app page features
- New Featured tab
- New Games tab
- App Stories
- App of the Day
New Developer APIs based on Core ML
- Vision API
- Natural Language API
- ARKit (Augmented Reality Kit with Motion Tracking)
New iPad Pro with 10.5-inch Display
- Weight: 1 lb.
- Larger display / 50% brighter display
- Full-size on-screen keyboard
- HDR Video / 600 nits brightness / ultralow reflectivity
- Pro Motion up to 120 Hz refresh rate (smoother content and scrolling)
- Only 20ms latency for Apple Pencil
- A10X Fusion Chip (Six-core CPU) 30% faster CPU performance and 40% faster graphics performance
- 12MP camera with 4K video
- 7MP FaceTime HD camera
- Fast USB 3 transfer and fast charging (50% faster charging)
- Starting at 64GB of memory with $649 for the 10.5-inch and $799 for the 12.9-inch version.
- The new iPads are available today
iOS 11 & the new iPad
- Dock – Switch apps faster and pull apps from the dock.
- New App Switcher
- Drag and drop support
- New files app (Grid View / List View)
- Screenshot editor
- Camera scanner
- 7 inches tall
- 7 beam-forming tweeter array
- Directional control
- 4-inch woofer
- A8 chip
- 6 microphones
- Siri integration
- HomeKit integration
- Home assistant (weather, news, podcasts, alarms, traffic, sports, etc.)
- Available in 2 colors (Black & White). Starts shipping this December with US, UK and Australia at $379
You Might Also Like
Want to drink fresh, safe water while you hike? Maybe you’re not sure about the water quality at your school or office. Well, that’s where the Vitaloop can help. This filtration water bottle cleans water from pretty much any source...
Withings ScanWatch Light and ScanWatch 2 are both health-focused smartwatches equipped with features for tracking movement, heart rate, and menstrual cycles. Plus, they boast an impressive 30-day battery life. Smartwatches offer a wide range of features and functions that make..
Powered by the AMD Ryzen Z1 Series processor, Legion Go is Lenovo’s first Windows 11 gaming handheld device. It creates an immersive experience for its gamers. The IFA 2023 event has brought us a delightful surprise in the form of..
Ugreen, a global leader in charging accessories, has partnered with Navitas Semiconductor. They announce the release of their new 5-port 300W GaN desktop charger: the Ugreen Nexode 300W desktop charger. A 300W GaN charger First of all, “Navitas has been..
Discover the HORIZON Ultra 4K long-throw home projector by XGIMI, a game-changer for home theaters and living rooms. It delivers stunning visuals with Dolby Vision, 4K UHD resolution, and a laser/LED hybrid system. Read our review to explore its innovative..
The StanbyME Go is a 27-inch LG smart TV with a 1080p touchscreen, all compacted in a stylish briefcase and complete with the company’s WebOS TV software and a wireless 3-hour lasting monitor. Check out this portable touchscreen TV! Isn’t..
What is Gadget Flow?
Gadget Flow is the original product discovery platform that keeps you up to date with the latest tech
, gear, and most incredible crowdfunding campaigns. Reaching over 31 million people per month, we also have iOS and Android apps that support AR and VR for next-level product exploration.
Why Use Gadget Flow?
We keep you updated with the latest tech product announcements for everything from the newest drones
to obscure gaming gadgets
. Our team discovers unique products and covers the latest crowdfunding campaigns. Save gadgets to your private or public wish lists, check out our team’s expert reviews, and purchase products directly from trusted sellers.
Gadget Flow is headquartered in New York City, and most of our team works remotely from the US and Europe. We are tech enthusiasts who love to learn about new technologies and the latest innovations. Talented individuals who are passionate about the future, we work tirelessly and love to excite you and teach you about advancements in our field.
Join Gadget Flow Today
Explore the world of Gadget Flow so you know when any new tech launches—anywhere. Create your account using your email or any of our supported third-party logins, such as Google, Apple, and Facebook.
Create Wish Lists
Sign up to create private and public wish lists that you can share with family and friends. It’s also easy to organize your favorite gadgets into different collections, like gift guides, smart home products you love, and more.
Get Product Notifications
What do you do when you find a product that you love but aren’t ready to buy? Simply create a notification! Click the three little dots by the buy now button and select Add Reminder to get notified. Receive a reminder when it’s discounted, Black Friday, the next season, or any date you choose.
Discover with Watch
Now you can discover new products through our video feed. With Gadget Flow Watch, browse through your favorite categories and create playlists. Our endless selection of videos will have you discovering gadgets for hours.
See all of our features:
Create public or private collections
Create your custom product feed
Discover our products in VR, AR, and 3D
New Discounts and deals, daily
Find new products through video
Follow your favorite brands
Product reminders or sale reminders
Browse using your local currency
Stay updated with the latest tech news
Our Mission: Help You Find the Best Gadgets
We simplify product discovery. This means you can find all the greatest gadgets in record time. As a technology company, our mission since 2012 has been to make it easy for you to discover quality products and stay updated with the latest trends.
What Is a Gadget?
It’s the gear you can’t live without: the smartphone you constantly check, the camera that goes on every vacation, and the TV for binge-watching and gaming. All the coolest gadgets
owe their existence to a new technology that changed it all.
What Are the Types of Gadgets?
Gadgets include everything from phones like iPhone and VR headsets
like Oculus to gaming consoles
like PlayStation 5 and robots like Roomba.
What Gadgets Are Trending Today?
What Are the Top New Tech Trends?
Technology evolves every day, and some of the most popular tech trends include AI
, robotic process automation, edge computing, quantum computing, virtual reality, blockchain, IoT, 5G, augmented reality, self-driving, big data, machine learning, and voice search.