Samsung Unpacked 2019 highlights – Galaxy Note10, Tab S6, and Galaxy Book S
Together with the new Note10 and Galaxy Book S, Samsung Unpacked 2019 was all about bridging the gap between mobility and performance. Although the foldable and Bixby updates remain pending, this event did highlight a few new releases and key partnerships which will take Samsung to all-new levels.
- When and where was Samsung Unpacked 2019? Unpacked 2019 was held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Wednesday, August 7th at 4pm EST.
- Where can I watch the Unpacked 2019 highlights? We have all the important announcements below but if you want to watch the entire event, check it out here.
- What were the major highlights at the Samsung Unpacked 2019? The major highlights from the event were the new Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ along with the Galaxy Book S. The Tab S6 and Watch Active2 were released earlier this week, before the event.
During our coverage of Samsung Unpacked 2018, the updates and new releases were almost too numerous to count. But this year, Samsung took things slow and steady, offering some really good releases. Taking place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, this event was nothing short of a tech glamor show. The event started with impressive, floor-to-ceiling graphics as they teased each product. As with previous years, Samsung packed this year’s event with updates and new releases. Although two of the products were released earlier in the week, Samsung did take the time to highlight these new products in full detail during the event.
So without further ado, let’s take a closer look at the products that were released at the Samsung Unpacked 2019.
Samsung Galaxy Note10 and Note10+
Just announced, the Samsung Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ are two mighty smartphones of two sizes. The Note10 is slightly smaller with an infinity display of 6.3 inches. The Note10+ has a larger 6.8-inch screen, but it’s still comfortable enough to hold because both models are thinner than 8mm. And with a new edge-to-edge display, these phones are almost completely free of bezels. As a result, you get more screen to watch and space to work. The camera is cut out of the display, but it’s centered and provides a balanced look. Thanks to its dynamic AMOLED display, you’ll find that the Note10, along with the Note10+, provides crisper, brighter images than previous phones.
The new Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ also bring in some more new features including:
– They are available in three great color combinations: Aura Glow, Aura White, and Aura Black
– The upgraded S Pen is packed with new features that will give you greater control on your device
– The native video editor of the phone makes it super easy for you to prepare content in less time
– When you connect the new Note10 to your PC or laptop via USB, Samsung DeX launches automatically, making the entire function of inter-device compatibility super-efficient and smooth
– Additionally, the Samsung Knox defense-grade security feature will keep your information safe and secure from unwanted exposure
– There’s also a seamless integration system for connecting your phone with Windows PCs and laptops via the Quick Panel
– Thanks to Samsung’s PlayGalaxy Link P2P service, mobile gaming on your Note10 just got a whole lot better
– Pricing for the Note10 is $940, the Note10+ will cost you $1099, and the Note10+ 5G version will be priced at $1299.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Designed for those who need more from their everyday tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Versatile Tablet is great for creatives. This lightweight tablet is versatile enough to use for both work and play. And because it’s so thin, it’s easy to hold and use with just one hand. Plus, it integrates with the S Pen stylus, which is super easy to use. This pen has so much sensitivity that it almost feels like you’re writing with a real pen. Additionally, there’s a slightly indented magnet on the back of this tablet where you can store the S Pen. This ensures the stylus is always with you.
Here are some other great new features:
– DeX connectivity for a seamless transition to a PC experience; the new Book Cover Keyboard will let you launch or close the DeX connectivity with the tap of a key
– New camera enhancements with the first dual-camera including an Ultra Wide camera on a tablet
– The super AMOLED display is paired with quad-speaker sound by AKG and Dolby Atmos® to give you an immersive experience
– The tab is available in Mountain Gray, Cloud Blue, and Rose Blush colors and will be available from late August in selected markets
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
Improving upon the first model, the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Smart Activity Tracker now has a larger screen. Though the display is customizable and bigger, it’s even slimmer than before—and the screen appears almost endless as it dips over the edge. Keeping you connected to co-workers, family, and friends, this smart activity tracker also provides health insights. You can use this active watch to monitor your heart rate and sleep patterns, as well as to keep up with your exercise. Whether you’re walking, running, cycling, rowing, elliptical training, swimming, or performing another workout, this smartwatch can track it. Furthermore, if you’re in need of a running coach, you’ll get one with this watch.
Other than this, there are more great features to admire:
– This watch comes in two styles: the lightweight aluminum with a casual Fluoroelastomer (FKM) Band, and premium solid stainless steel with a leather strap
– Thanks to its LTE capabilities, you can leave your phone behind and still use the watch on the go
– The watch is also capable of tracking real-time stress levels through Samsung Health
– Pricing for this watch starts from $279
Samsung Galaxy Book S
The Samsung Galaxy Book S Ultra-Light Laptop now makes it easier than ever to work wherever you want. You don’t need to search around for quality Wi-Fi when you want to work remotely from the beach. This LTE laptop has a Qualcomm chipset that provides you with LTE mobile connectivity. And with its 13-inch touchscreen, this laptop lets you work as fluidly as you can on your smartphone. In fact, it provides the best of both worlds: it’s like a smartphone and laptop in one.
Furthermore, this new laptop has a 23-hour battery life. If you’re going camping or just want to sit on your couch and binge-watch a show, you don’t need to worry about finding your charger.
Other than this, the Galaxy Book S also includes a lot of great features:
– The ultra-fast Gigabit LTE gives you a constant connection to the cloud, thereby not forcing you to rely on Wi-Fi
– There are touch-to-wake capabilities for instant access which makes the booting process super fast and efficient
As explained by Steve Mollenkopf, CEO of Qualcomm,
The Snapdragon 8cx chipset ushers in a new era of always-on, always-connected devices that empower you to work, multitask and play with ease almost anywhere. We refused to compromise peak performance for battery life and instead combined the two to create a powerful device experience that offers premium mobile computing capabilities alongside a smartphone’s mobility and connectivity.
– The Galaxy Book S will be available in two shades, Earthy Gold and Mercury Gray, beginning this fall in selected markets
Strategic partnership with Microsoft
With the new Galaxy Book S, Samsung and Microsoft are aiming to bridge the gap between mobility and performance. Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft said during the event:
Microsoft and Samsung share a long history of innovation and collaboration, and today’s announcements mark the next stage in our partnership. Our ambition is to help people be more productive on any device, anywhere – and the combination of our intelligent experiences with Samsung’s powerful, new devices makes this a reality.
From an enhanced Outlook Experience to OneDrive cloud storage, this partnership will make your everyday life with your Samsung and Microsoft devices as convenient as possible.
UN development program partner to support Samsung Global Goals
Through their Global Goals initiative, Samsung wants to make its users take small actions to help support the issues that matter most to them with the 17 Global Goals program.
As described by DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications, Samsung Electronics:
Our partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) will provide Galaxy users with easy, impactful ways to learn about the Global Goals and support the causes important to them so we can collectively make a difference.
In case you still want to watch the entire event, here’s a recap video:
Notably, neither the foldable phone nor Bixby got a mention in this event — so for those of us who are waiting for more updates, we guess Samsung is going to keep us waiting for a while.
Although this year’s Unpacked event was shorter than last year’s, it did have some really good updates. Do you think that any of these new devices can be the next big flagship release? Share with us in the comments below.
The Gadget Flow Daily Digest highlights and explores the latest in tech trends to keep you informed. Want it straight to your inbox? Subscribe ➜