Why is Product Photography Important For Crowdfunding Projects?
The first step to luring a backer towards your campaign is through product photography. We don’t tend to read the product description unless those images are attractive enough to win our hearts. So you can very well understand clumsy product images will never work for your crowdfunding campaign. You can always make sure you have the shot with modern smartphone cameras and photography equipment.
Generate More Exposure For Your Crowdfunding Campaign With Gadget Flow.
Just to make sure you’re doing it right, we thought of jotting down some important tips and tactics that might come handy while taking those beautiful product shots. Always remember the fact that the way you present your products is also the most important key to grab more attention from potential backers.
Key Factors Constituting Excellent Product Photography
1. As a matter of fact, you need not have a high-end camera to master product photography. With super powerful lenses like Moment and Olloclip, your iPhone is enough to do the job as well.
P.S. Having a DSLR is always a big plus though!
2. DIY product photography works best with natural light. Using the Window Light Technique can always work or you can try something new such as the Lightcase – The original pop-up photo studio for smartphones.
[tweet_box] #ProductPhotography is crucial for every #crowdfunding campaign. One image gone bad can lose you a lot of backers. [/tweet_box]
3. Don’t limit your product images to one or two alone. In fact, try to experiment with different angles and views. Like, if you’re selling a wallet, it would be best to show your backers how it looks from the inside as well as the outside with separate shots on the top and back covers. You also have to keep it in mind that your backers are not seeing the real product yet. So they would prefer professional images from all angles to have a proper idea about the product they see.
4. Crowdfunding is very popular these days and you’re bound to have competition. Try to stand out with better product images and videos. Do that special something your backers will love.
5. Make sure you also show the unique features of your product in the images. So for example, if you’re crowdfunding for a waterproof bag, show one image where the bag is intact even after getting drenched with water. Or say, you’re crowdfunding for a super thin clutch for which you need a view where your buyers get to see how thin it is for real. Let your backers know what makes your product special.
6. You have to spend time to make sure every single shot looks the best. This handy cheatsheet from Americommerce is useful for those who are in the process of mastering this style now.
7. In addition, play with the backgrounds as much as you can. Try to use natural backdrops as they look the best and make your product stand out. In fact, sometimes the use of a proper background is what uplifts the whole status of the image and becomes the key to make your product look beautiful and worth a buy.
8. If you’re selling your product in different colors and styles, make sure to also include your product images show every single one of them. In fact, you never know, which color appeals to whom!
9. Though you’ll be having a number of images for every product you sell, spend some time in deciding which should be the featured image. Think from all perspectives and choose the one that showcases your product as a whole because this single image is what your backer sees first!
The Gadget Flow helps you boost your crowdfunding campaign and target potential backers. Check it out.
10. Don’t forget to give a glimpse of the packaging in the product images. This is for projects with products that are prone to break if not packed well.
Do you think there’s more to add to your product images? What styles do you prefer the most?