UCO’s bamboo 5-piece kit mess kit that every traveler should own
Eating on the move or in the wild can be a tricky business. The UCO mess kit makes things easier, with a cleverly designed container and utensils that are made from eco-friendly materials.
- What are the best eco-friendly products in 2019? We have compiled a category of great green products right here.
- How do you avoid plastic food packaging? Try to take a packed lunch rather than buying pre-prepared food, and refuse plastic straws in your drinks.
- What is the best alternative to plastic food containers? Made from 90% natural materials, the UCO’s 5-piece bamboo mess kit provides an eco-friendly and durable home for your food.
The benefits of preparing a packed lunch are clear and numerous. Home-cooked meals are invariably cheaper than gas station sandwiches, and they usually taste much better. In addition, bringing your own food means you don’t have to buy something wrapped in plastic.
UCO helps you make the switch to packed lunches. This skilfully designed mess kit includes everything you need for transporting and eating meals on the go. In addition, the kit is largely made from natural materials.
What is the best alternative to plastic food containers?
Eating your beef chilli out of a plastic tub is never a great dining experience. Even if your container doesn’t leak — a very likely occurrence — you will need to find some method of storing your cutlery.
The Bamboo Mess Kit solves these problems with some smart design choices. Made for eating rather than storage, the kit includes everything you need for a civilized slap-up meal.
The main container is shaped much like a bowl, making it easier to eat from. The lid has a leak-proof silicone double gasket and grippy handles to prevent accidents.
In addition, the container comes with a tether. This allows you to hang the bowl on the outside of your backpack — useful for outdoor enthusiasts.
The tether also serves the purpose of tying down the utility spork. This utensil lets you scoop up rice and stab down on veggies, while a hollow handle provides a sheath for the supplied knife.
UCO’s mess kit looks great in the office, and it’s tough enough to endure any wilderness adventure.
[tweet_box]The UCO mess kit includes everything you need for a civilized slap-up meal[/tweet_box]
No more plastic
Aside from the practical features, this mess kit is very good for the planet and your insides. Whereas most food containers are made from plastic, the 5-pice kit is primarily bamboo.
All four pieces of the mess kit are easy to wash, and they should last for years of eating.
“Made from 90% natural content, the Bamboo Elements Mess Kit is a premium non-plastic meal kit that takes outdoor eating to the next level. A leak-proof gasket, reusable tether, and two-piece Switch Spork Utensil Set work together to secure contents for transport or hang the kit to dry.” — UCO
Natural mess kit
It’s always good to see an alternative to plastic. What’s more, UCO’s 5-piece kit offers some great features that you won’t see in most food containers. We particularly like the lid design, complete with spill-proof seal.
Bear in mind
Although the mess kit is 90% natural, the remaining 10% is some form of polymer. In other words, this mess kit isn’t entirely plastic-free — but it’s a whole lot better than most.
– Order now: via ucogear.com
– Price: $19.99 USD